Friday, February 7, 2014

EXAMINE

The word for yesterday was EXAMINE...Now see, I think that should have been the very first word.  I think this whole program (Every Woman A CEO) requires self-examination to even begin.  How do we know what we want to do with ourselves if we don't do a thorough examination?

That being said...the word PARALYZES me.  Looking inside of me is the hardest thing in this life for me to do.  I don't want to see the mess...I just want to shove stuff in boxes and put them in storage where I can forget they are there.  The problem with that is that those stinking boxes don't go away...they pile up and they get in the way...and they are LOADED with so much junk.

Oh, boy.  This is starting to look like my closets and under my bed and it is getting very uncomfortable for me to think about.

Here is my lesson.  If I would just take a few minutes each day to evaluate how the day went...my attitudes and behaviors, etc.  Then I could determine what I want to keep and what I want to change about myself.  Not just eliminate but change...that implies replacing an inappropriate behavior with an appropriate behavior.

When you take a test and you get a wrong answer it is wise to figure out why it was wrong and learn the right answer so that you don't get it wrong again later.  That needs to happen with life, attitudes, behaviors, etc.

Well, here is the definition of EXAMINE
   1.  To inspect carefully, with a view to discover truth or the real state of a thing.
   2.  To search or inquire into facts and circumstances by interrogating
   3.  To look into the state of a subject; to view in all its aspects;  to weigh arguments and compare facts,
         with a view to form a correct opinion or judgement.
   4.  To inquire into the improvements or qualifications of students, by interrogatories, proposing problems
         or by hearing their recitals;
   5.  To try or assay by experiment.
   6.  In general, to search; to scrutinize; to explore, with a view to discover truth;  as, to examine ourselves;
        to examine the extent of human knowledge.

Yep, I had to look up 'assay'....
            the trial of the goodness, purity, weight, value,etc. of metals or metallic substances.

This word may take me 3 months to get through.  The thing is that as I go through these words I am learning to evaluate (examine) how it has applied and how it will be applied in my daily living.  So maybe, if I am consistent, all the boxes that I have filled will diminish as I make my daily assessments...after all, habits are habits and when you eliminate one sometimes several others just go away for lack of support.  Newer habits remove the need for older habits that seem unrelated.  Hmmm, I think I have just talked myself back in to do this.

So today's word is  ELIMINATE.  Oh!!  Cool!!  This is going to work.

EXAMINE

                              ELIMINATE
                                                   
                                                         EXAMINE

                                                                                  ELIMINATE

                                                                                                          EXAMINE

I can do this.  AND  I can EMIT positive energy while I do it...might as well, it makes things much more pleasant.

So here is a dose of positive emission sending your way, dear reader!!

Onward and Upward!!
Tari

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my 90 day personal journal for the "Every Woman A CEO" project. Feel free to leave a comment but please be nice...and no spam.
Thanks :)