Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Exist

     Yes, I do exist.  So do you.  So what are we doing with that existence?
    Today I smiled a lot.  And I spent some time with my grandchildren...some of them.  Jonah and Seline and I walked to our friends' house today.  Oh, and we had Christian in the stroller.
     What a lovely experience.  Jonah and Seline were on scooters pretending they were space ships and that I was the mother ship.  Whenever we crossed a street they decided to be near the mother ship so they wouldn't be sucked into the vortex (just the asphalt...but how cute is that?)...if there was a concrete gutter across the street it was a worm hole and was safe.  It was a good way for them to stay with me because I walk slow.  Whenever they came to a corner ahead of me they would return to the mother ship and we would approach the crossing together.
     Being the mother ship was such a good way of being reminded that this Nana exists to help keep them safe.
     It was such a nice walk.
    Christian is 18 months old.  He loved that walk...he was so enamored of the trees.  When we passed close to one he had to touch it.  It made walking a little slower but it was so worth it.
     Children help us old folks remember to take the time to look around and see all that is around us.  They help us see beyond our "boxed in" lives and see the evidence that God exists.  Trees, birds, squirrels, puppies...they are not accidents.  They are well thought out creations of a God in heaven who loves us and wants our existence to be pleasant.  And the children make it meaningful.
     So, yes, I do exist.  And I do it happily and gratefully.

Here's to Growing and Glowing!!
Onward and Upward!
Tari

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my 90 day personal journal for the "Every Woman A CEO" project. Feel free to leave a comment but please be nice...and no spam.
Thanks :)