Thursday, June 20, 2013

oops...missed a day of blogging...but not learning from the daily word.

I know...I didn't post yesterday.  I had a full day away from home.  But the word was "Clean"... and that helped me to remember to watch my language...even my very thoughts so that I could be clean.

The first things that came to my mind when I saw the word for the day were:
     Isaiah 1:18-19
          'Though your sins be as scarlet they shall be white as snow...if ye be willing and obedient.'
And
    Psalm 24:3-4
           'Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place?  He that hath clean
            hands and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.'

I  may not always have a full hymn to turn to to keep my thoughts clean...but I do have snippets of scripture and snippets of hymns, and songs to keep myself on track.

Noah Webster says that CLEAN in the primary sense seems to be, to open or to remove, to separate.
And in the general sense, free from extraneous matter, or whatever is injurious or offensive.

The general sense speaks to me...free from whatever is injurious or offensive.  This calls for some serious introspection on my part.  Deep places give me claustrophobia so I think I will attack this a layer at a time and make it more like an archaeological dig.  I can do that and I can be successful in getting the 'stuff' out of the way so my way is unencumbered.

TODAY!!  The watch-word is 'COMPOSED'.

I LOVE this word.  It means my favorite word...SERENE.  It is my dream word.  My ultimate goal.  I love that I get to practice.  I think I managed fairly well...of course the day is only half over.  But I think I can do it.

I love to read Randy's and Bronwen's blogs.  And I just read through Larry Anne's blog.  Wow. She is sure serious about this.  I like it.

I lost my composure tonight with my hubby.  I guess that in order to keep my composure and be composed at all times I need to lose all the buttons that he just seems to  love to push.  I'll get there.

Onward and Upward!
Tari

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my 90 day personal journal for the "Every Woman A CEO" project. Feel free to leave a comment but please be nice...and no spam.
Thanks :)