Thursday, June 27, 2013

Time to face facts...

I am just not getting the blogging done at night.  I am out too late some nights...eh...excuses.

So, Yesterday's word was "conscious.'

Conscious:

1)      Possessing the faculty or power of knowing one’s own thoughts, or mental operations.  Thus, a man is a conscious being.
2)     Knowing from memory, or without extraneous information; as, I am not conscious of the fact.

3)     Knowing by conscience, or internal perception or persuasion; as, I am not conscious of having given any offense. Sometimes followed by “to”; as I am not conscious to myself.

I was conscious of a lot of things yesterday.
     It was very warm.
     My car makes strange sounds and "wabbles" when I am on the freeway AND it has no air conditioning.
     I was the only student in my pottery class...and have been for sometime...at Dirt Works.
     I had my first pottery class as the official instructor.  Even though there was only one student I helped her make a couple of beautiful bowls...just by sitting next to her and making one of my own.  Taking her through step by step.
     I guess that means that I am conscious of the fact that I am a decent teacher.  :-)  I like that.
     I am conscious of the fact that I am very over weight and that it gets in the way of a lot of good stuff.
     I am conscious of the fact that I have some very awesome children who have very awesome children.
     I am conscious of the fact that God is an amazing artist...every time I look outside or sit outside and just look at the sky...of the trees...or the flowers...or anything.

I think I like being conscious.  I know that this conscious ability can be used to learn more about myself and how I am doing with eternal progression. Some times it takes a very conscious effort to read the scriptures every day, and say my formal prayers at least twice a day.

"A conscious effort"...interesting term. Maybe ALL efforts should be conscious.  Where does it all begin but in our thoughts.  If we aren't in control of our thoughts we can sure get sidetracked often...very often.  Conscious thought keeps us on the track we want to be on.

Onward and Upward!!
Tari

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my 90 day personal journal for the "Every Woman A CEO" project. Feel free to leave a comment but please be nice...and no spam.
Thanks :)