Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The word for 26 June (Tuesday) is Connected.
Connected:
            Connect: v.
1)      To knit or link together; to tie or fasten together, as by something intervening, or by weaving, winding or twining. Hense,
2)     To join or unite; to conjoin, in almost any manner, either by junction, by any intervening means, or by order and relation.  We connect letters and words in a sentence; we connect ideas in the mind;  we connect arguments in a discourse.  The strait of Gibraltar connects the Mediterranean with the Atlantic.  A treaty connects two nations.  The interests of agriculture are connected with those of commerce.  Families are connected by marriage or by friendship.
Connect, v.

            To join, unite or cohere; to have a close relation.  This argument connects with another.

I like the first definition of the word...to knit or link together.

I think of family...as in a close knit family...I also think of a song that I heard Barbra Streisand sing (yes! I love her voice...not necessarily her politics) "Circle" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu_bJhsFuuE

The Lord gave a commandment that He said would let men know that we are His disciples...Love one another as He loves us.

I don't think we can love and not be connected...most importantly to the Savior...but also to those to whom we show love.  Any act of kindness is a manifestation of our desire to be connected somehow.

I had a moment where I seem to have crushed my little granddaughter.  I gave her a directive but she took it as an arrow to her little heart.  She went away and cried for quite some time.  I just had to do something about that.  I went to her and put my arms around her so that we were connected physically and that spoke calmly with her so that we could connect our hearts.  She understood what I needed from her then and she felt much better.

Connection ... being connected by loving ties is an important thing to mortals.  We NEED to feel connected. If we can't find a sense of connection in a morally uplifting society we seek it in less desirable places. I would rather create a morally pleasing connection (like the power receptacle in the wall...you know "the plug") for others to lead them to a connection with the Savior.

That sort of connection calls on all the previous "C" words and all the following "C" words in order to be successful.

Woah!  I really have to stay focused on this.

There seems to be one important connection in my life that I am struggling with...it is very personal...it is with my husband.  He is so important to me and I seem to do things so often (even things that I am not aware that I am doing) that cause breaks in the connection...that fray the cable.  I am honestly trying to repair it.

As ever...
Onward and Upward!
Tari

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my 90 day personal journal for the "Every Woman A CEO" project. Feel free to leave a comment but please be nice...and no spam.
Thanks :)