Friday, June 28, 2013

Thursday's Watch Word - "Careful" Friday's Watch Word - 'Centered'

Careful:
1)     Full of care; anxious; solicitous.
2)  Provident; attentive to support and protect.
3)  Watchful; cautious; giving good heed; as, be careful to maintain good works; be careful of your conversation.

4)  Filling with care or solicitude; exposing to concern, anxiety or trouble, full of cares.

When I saw this word my thoughts went straight to:
     

Luke 10:41

  • New Testament
And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: 
I think we can get so "full of care" about things that are not worthy of SO much care...hence the anxiety.

I have wasted so much time and energy on the wrong things that I am a sick, old woman.  I can't fix everyone or everything.  Nor should I attempt it...  I can only do anything about myself.  I can make adjustments in myself.

So what should I be 'careful' about?
     How I treat others - - 'By this shall men know ye are my disciples if ye have love one to another.'
     What I eat - - '...In consequence of evils and designs which do and will exist in the hearts of conspiring
                            men in the last days...'
     What I read - - '...seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom...'
     Where I go - - 'But my disciples shall stand in holy places, and shall not be moved.
     Who I associate with - - sometimes I have to do friend-surgery, even family-surgery. Sometimes I get to be alone until the right people come into my life. (I guess I can get used to that).

I think you get the picture.

I can also choose my activities.  The last few years have been filled with events that have truly unsettled me. I came to a place where I knew that the care of Tari was in her's and the Lord's hands ( I am talking about the mental and emotional care...not the physical care ).  I took up pottery as 'therapy' during this time and I have come to claim it as a serious hobby.  It is teaching me a lot about being 'careful'.

Clay, when you put it on the wheelhead of a potter's wheel, wants to fly off into space because of the centrifugal force...unless it is centered (which is today's word).  It is the same with people...you see it with young people these days.

Centered:
1)     Collected to a point or center; fixed on a central point.

I want to be full of the care that centers me for the better.  My center is Christ.

I don't know if any of this is making sense to anyone but me...

I love watching Bronwen handle the cares of her day.  Because of her ultimate goal she cares for her family in the most amazing ways.  Her cares...the things she is most careful about...are centered around her family and her very nice home...which she is endeavoring to center in Christ.  She is sharing all of this with Randy and I and so I am being careful to respect this very worthy work (and I don't really miss TV!!  go figure :-)  )

Onward and Upward!
Tari

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my 90 day personal journal for the "Every Woman A CEO" project. Feel free to leave a comment but please be nice...and no spam.
Thanks :)