Saturday, April 12, 2014

Friday's word...Elevate

Elevate:
1.       To raise, in a literal and general sense;  to raise from a low or deep place to a higher.
2.       To exalt; to raise to a higher state or station; as, to elevate a man to an office.
3.       To improve, refine or dignify; to raise from or above low conceptions;  as, to elevate the mind.
4.       To raise from a low or common state;  to exalt; as, to elevate the character;  to elevate the nation.
5.       To elate with pride.
6.       To excite;  to cheer;  to animate;  as , to elevate the spirits.
7.       To take from; to detract; to lessen by detraction. (not used)
8.       To raise from any tone to one more acute;  as, to elevate the voice.
9.       To augment or swell;  to make louder, as sound.
a.
Elevated; raised aloft.

     Ah...this word is so wonderful.  I am so grateful for all of the definitions and how important each aspect of the word is in getting through this life.
     I accepted this 90 challenge for the express purpose of elevating myself from one level of existence to a better one.  I hope that I keep steady in this pursuit because any...ANY...degree of improvement is a victory.
     I have so many areas of my life to improve.  Relationships are key to me right now.
     It is very important to me that I become FRIENDS with Jesus Christ.  And it is important to me that I become a better friend with my husband.
     My husband is a very wonderful man.  He is also on this CEO journey.  He really has a handle on certain aspects of the program...aspects that I just struggle with.  It amazes me how he has grabbed on to them and made them a part of him.  It elevates his soul and he glows.  He smiles so much more often.  It is truly remarkable.
     Isn't it interesting how we all have different areas of interest and different gifts to help us get where we are going?  I love it.

Here's to Growing and Glowing!!!
Onward and Upward!
Tari

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my 90 day personal journal for the "Every Woman A CEO" project. Feel free to leave a comment but please be nice...and no spam.
Thanks :)