Monday, April 14, 2014

Today's (Monday) word...Edify

Edify:
1.       To build, in a literal sense.
2.       To instruct and improve the mind in knowledge generally, and particularly in moral and religious knowledge, in faith and holiness.
To teach or persuade.

     This word is a challenge for me.  I work to become edified.  I get asked to attempt to edify others.  The former is a LOT easier for me than the latter.  However, it is becoming easier.  The thing that makes it easier is the practice (and I am doing a lot of practicing in order to get to perfect...which seems a great distance away at this point) of taking care with my vocabulary.
     Words!!  They make all the difference sometimes.
    It is really important to evaluate what we put into our minds and again what goes out of our mouths.  It is my goal to involve myself with things that are virtuous, lovely and of good report.  I feel that those things will be edifying...not just to myself but to others.
     Edify.  I think this 90 day challenge helps with that.

Here's to Growing and Glowing!!!
Onward and Upward!!
Tari

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my 90 day personal journal for the "Every Woman A CEO" project. Feel free to leave a comment but please be nice...and no spam.
Thanks :)