Monday, April 7, 2014

Sunday's word...Endorse

This is and interesting word for this program...

Declare one’s public approval of. (this is NOT an 1828 definition)
  1.   To write on the back of a paper or written instrument;  as, to endorse a note or bill of exchange;  to endorse a receipt or assignment on a bill or note. Hence,
  2. To assign by writing an order on the back of a note or bill; to assign or transfer by endorsement.  

     I am not sure how I want to approach my feelings bout this one.  The above definition is not one that I think of when I look at this word in connection with the Every Woman A CEO program.
     I think of this as meaning that you give approval, highly recommend, want others to accept and share the object of your approval.  And I do not think that monetary payment for the endorsement is necessary for all endorsements.
     So if I am using my own definition I have to say that there are many good things that I am willing to endorse. For example...I highly recommend that all the world watch, read, listen to the semi-annual General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  Every message is edifying and uplifting to every soul who opens his/her heart to truth.

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2014/04?cid=HPSU040614654&lang=eng

     I also endorse this CEO program...especially the Word-Wellness portion.  I think that words have power and energy.  I think it is time to look at the words we use and HOW we use them and the effect they have on ourselves and those around us.
     Words can heal or destroy.  Words can lift up or tear down.  The words that we think and say when we talk to ourselves have an effect on our entire outlook on life. I think it is important to evaluate how we use words.  Slow down and listen to what we say to ourselves.  When we do we will see the lies that we unthinkingly say to ourselves and others.
     It is so critical to be aware!
     What do you endorse?  By your behavior, your words, your thoughts?  I know that I have been endorsing some false beliefs...lies that have been planted in my mind and heart from a very early age...that I am working to clear out and replace with truth.  Lies are not worthy of endorsement.  So out they go...with a broken heart for my silliness in ever believing the lies in the first place.  The hole that is left will be filled with truths and those truths nourished and encouraged to flourish as the days go by.
     This takes me back to being an infant in my progression...by that I mean that I will be learning to walk in my new reality.  Trying out how it fits and how it tastes and how to properly use the new me.
     It is so true that if you keep doing what you've been doing you will keep getting what you have been getting.
     It is also very true that is nothing ever changed there would be no butterflies!

     Change doesn't have to be scary.  It implies growth, betterment, becoming.

Here's to Growing and Glowing!!
Onward and upward!
Tari

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my 90 day personal journal for the "Every Woman A CEO" project. Feel free to leave a comment but please be nice...and no spam.
Thanks :)