Thursday, April 17, 2014

Wednesday's word - Endure

Endure:
v.i. [French endureren and durer, to last, from dur, Latin durus, duro; Spanish endurar.
The primary sense of durus, hard, is set, fixed.  See Durable.
1.       To last;  to continue in the same state without perishing; to remain;  to abide.
2.       To bear;  to brook;  to suffer without resistance, or without yielding.
1.       v.t   To bear;  to sustain;  to support without breaking or yielding to force or pressure.  Metals endure a certain degree of heat without melting.
2.       To bear with patience;  to bear without opposition or sinking under the pressure.
3.       To undergo;  to sustain
To continue in.

     I like this word.  Endure.  To suffer without resistance, or without yielding.
     I chose to endure to the end, with my testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ growing in my heart daily, never yielding to the world's view of right and wrong but always to the Lord's guidelines.
     I am coming to understand what "Divine Nature" means, thanks in part to this challenge.  And I like spending the time each day in a closer more focused communication with my God.
     I hope to not only endure but to endure WELL.
    " To bear with patience;  to bear without opposition or sinking under the pressure."  I went through an ordeal...a lengthy ordeal...that I really tried to bear with patience.  Sadly, I murmured and whined and cried a LOT through it, however, I did hold fast to my convictions and adhered to the council I received through much prayer and fasting, and I think I am a better person for that.  Imagine how wonderful I would be if I had adhered without whining, murmuring, and crying.
     If a lesson really is repeated until learned I sure hope I get it faster the next time.  Whining, crying, and murmuring take a lot of energy that I would rather use somewhere else.

Here's to Growing and Glowing!!!
Onward and Upward!
Tari

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my 90 day personal journal for the "Every Woman A CEO" project. Feel free to leave a comment but please be nice...and no spam.
Thanks :)