Sunday, July 7, 2013

Saturday's Watch Word - - Changeable Sunday's Watch Word - - Comely

Changeable:
1)        That may change; subject to alteration; fickle; inconstant; mutable; variable; as a person of changeable mind.

2)   Having the quality of suffering alteration of external appearance; as changeable silk.

I tried to think of this word as negative but just couldn't in light of this challenge.  "That may change; subject to alteration..."  I quite like that.  It means that I can change something about myself.  That I can become more, even better.  It means that the atonement works.

This challenge is all about this concept...principle even.

I can change the way I handle any given situation in my life.  I can change who I hang out with.  I can change how I feel about things.  I can change how I react to things...I can change that I react to things and choose to act instead.  I can choose what I think...what I say...or not say...

I think the point is sufficiently clear.  Being changeable can be a really good thing.

Comely:
1)     The sense of suitableness is often from meeting, coming together, whence adjusting, putting in order.
Properly, becoming; suitable; whence, handsome; graceful
2)  Decent; suitable; proper; becoming; suited to time, place, circumstances or persons.

   Comely:  handsomely; gracefully.

Ah...another good word.  It goes hand in hand with 'changeable' as it is to become suitable.

Now that is another thought provoking concept.  It makes me think of being suitable for the Celestial Kingdom. It suggests to me that by making the right choices, being in the right places, doing the right things, saying the right things ... for all the right reasons ... I can become suitable for whatever the Lord has in store for me.

I also like the synonyms for the word...handsomely, gracefully.  It suggests to me that life can be handled in a graceful...even gracious...way.

All this really is 'putting [myself] in order' for the reaching of my ultimate goal.

Yep, I like the word 'comely.'

Onward and Upward!!
Tari

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my 90 day personal journal for the "Every Woman A CEO" project. Feel free to leave a comment but please be nice...and no spam.
Thanks :)