Friday, July 5, 2013

Today's Watch Word - - Classic


Classic: [ this definition was not found in Noah’s 1828 dictionary but rather googled.]

        clas·sic  

/ˈklasik/

Adjective
Judged over a period of time to be of the highest quality and outstanding of its kind.
Noun
A work of art of recognized and established value.
Synonyms
classical - standard

Another scary word for me.  "Classic."

It makes me think of classical music, classical literature...even Audrey Hepburn, Katherine Hepburn, Jackie Kennedy Onasis.......but Tari?  Not even.

If I look a little deeper I can think of ways I would like to be "classic."  For example...I would like to have the ability to cast my eyes down to cover the fire in them over an injustice spoken in my presence so that I could ponder what to do or say about it in a more calm and composed way.  I think that would demonstrate "class", or strength of character.  I don't want to be known as a hot-head, or an air-head, rather as someone who keeps her head and acts with composure and grace.

Hmmmm...I think I have just defined a 'Classic' character trait that can be ...
Judged over a period of time to be of the highest quality and outstanding of its kind.
I think I can live with that...  ...  and reach for that, among other good qualities.

ahhhh,
Onward and Upward!
Tari

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my 90 day personal journal for the "Every Woman A CEO" project. Feel free to leave a comment but please be nice...and no spam.
Thanks :)